Monday, August 29, 2011

Little Journal Pages

Your Journal doesn't have to be big or take a long time
When I'm out and about (or short on time) I often use the little "back-up" journals I keep in my purse and in my car. An Inner Critic--the self-proclaimed journal police-- might claim that little pages don't count, but it's not true. What "counts" is up to you!

The other day I had just fifteen minutes before volunteering at my children's school, and I wanted my pages done so I could jump right into other writing later. I did three or four "little pages", and voila'! 

I usually  paste them into my "big" journal later, because I like to have all my pages in chronological order. But even when I don't, just the act of stopping to do them changes my whole day.


Where and when do you do "little pages"? Post your comments here:

2 comments:

  1. Funny you should ask, because I just uploaded one of my mini journal pages to flickr. Here is a link to the set:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladyinblack/sets/72157625624441353/

    I work on them whenever I feel inspired to just do something small, and the idea of a larger format intimidates me. I always do them at home. I tend to forget my journal, camera, etc. when I'm out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra, they're gorgeous!
    I, too, love little pages for the un-intimidating factor.

    ReplyDelete